WHY SHOULD YOU BE A MEMBER OF
THE OAKMONT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
- WEBSITE www.oakmont-pa. We have had up to 6000 hits per month and providing you with free exposure online to hundreds of potential customers. Letting them have a chance to read about your business and knowing what your business has to offer. It also promotes local activities, which can bring potential customers into town and into your business to help with sales.
- CHANCE TO GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY By supporting the Chamber you are helping to decorate the town for holidays, providing the kids with the Christmas parade, providing lights for light-up night, Santa, and other activities. You are helping to send families to the community picnic at Kennywood, and thanking the community for supporting your business.
- ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES You can place a very affordable ad in the directory. You can also place ads in the monthly newsletter that reaches about 2900 readers. You can send out mass e-mail, which reach about 200 different locations for only $25.00. From time to time we have different publications offer discounts to the chamber members to advertise their businesses.
- PARTICIPATE IN ALL CHAMBER EVENTS The Chamber sponsors the Street Sale, Christmas parade, light-up night, and other events. As a member you do NOT have to pay a fee to be apart in any of these activities.
- NETWORKING We offer opportunities at which you can work with other Chamber members to market your business and improve your profits. New to 2009 we are holding Breakfast & Lunch Networking Meetings to increase contact for your business.
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY A new directory is printed every year and includes all present members with an address and phone number of your business. These are offered to all new residents and are out at doctors' offices, hotels, municipal buliding, etc.
- MASS E-MAIL Your name is added to an E-mail list, so you can be kept up to date and informed of all Chamber activities, special offers, or community activities. We also alert you of any problems such as robberies, bad checks, unruly customers, scam artist, etc.
- NEWSLETTER Every month a newsletter comes out, informing you what the Chamber has planned for the next month. The newsletter also tells you what happened at the last meeting. This allows you to keep in touch even if you cannot be present. It also gives you information on who is joining the Chamber, what is going on at the office and in town.
- WALKING GUIDES/PROFESSIONAL GUIDES They are printed yearly and placed in many hotels, businesses, and other central locations. All businesses that are a member of the Oakmont Chamber will be listed in the guide along with a brief description for all to see. These are also handed out at schools, local events, etc.
- ECCONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE Works to promote Oakmont and the Chamber members. Recent efforts have succeeded in ad campaigns, billboard, and promotional literature to promote Oakmont and the Chamber, attracting new interest in Oakmont. This committee has also developed other inventive ways to promote businesses as well as attempts to inform members on new developments in the area.
- CHAMBER OFFICE Our office is located at 504 Allegheny River Boulevard in Oakmont. We are open three days a week. The phone number at the office is 412-828-3238. Information about your business can be obtained or handed out at the office. Someone will be available to answer any questions, help with problems that may have occurred, help new members join our Chamber, hand out promotional items, or to get you more information on questions you have.
- CELEBRATE OAKMONT Through the Chamber you have the opportunity to set up a booth at a reasonable cost. This will allow you to advertise and promote your business to potential customers. This event will take place mid October, and is a business to business event. Hopefully, this will gain interest in Oakmont and bring in potential customers to the area.
- WEBSITE ADS You can post employment opportunities and commercial rentals on our website. There is no charge for this service and this offer is made only to Chamber members.
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR Many people in the area check out calendar to see what events are taking place in the area. We will post your event if you send us an e-mail letting us know time and location. This service is available to all chamber members free of charge.
Chamber Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 384
Oakmont, PA 15139